wish on me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i am alone
on an old, wooden dock
with ice-crystal
stars
below me
(twinkling in an abysmal sea)
i lie with my cheek pressed
to the very
edge,
arms folded pleasantly
(waiting)
and close my eyes,
but stay
facing whatever lies beyond
this fragile bed
(hoping)
to roll off and
fall
into a dream
where i’ll join my
sisters
(in their heavenly dance)
i am a solitary
beacon,
a glowing figure up here
among onyx
skies
(ripe and ready)
this white nightgown
makes my pale skin even more
ghostlike,
it’s as though
(i’m already one of them)
and the freckles
dusting my nose
betray the nebulas
writhing inside
me
(imploding)
so when these ancient
lullabies
finally call my name,
do not mourn
as i fall off
this dock
(a shooting star)
because i’ll be walking
amongst angels,
and like a prayer you may
wish on me
(and i will answer.)

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I was looking through the published poems this month, searching for something from you, and sure enough, I (re)found this. The imagery, and the ending, is extremely unique and beautiful, as is everything you write. Congratulations on getting published, Jade. I have yet to understand the meaning behind the parenthesis, but I hope I will in the many more times that I'm going to read this in the future. Thank you!

Jade.I.Am This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 21, 2015 at 12:42 am
I feel so blessed that you would take the time to read my stuff. You're amazing. Thank YOU.

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Congrats @Jade.I.Am on your writing being published on Teen Ink! You truly deserve it, and I'm happy for you. Thank you again for sharing this. :)

Jun. 21, 2015 at 12:43 am
No, thank you for reading! Wow, this makes me so happy :)

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:14 am
Breathtaking and heartstopping. Your words weave magic. Props on this masterful use of line breaks and parentheses. You kind of made me want to go outside, look up into the night, and find you, shining brilliance down on us in beams of hope.

Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:29 am
You're too kind! Thank you.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Exquisitely beautiful. It might be that I'm biased when it comes to stars and nebulas and all that jazz; but you know, I'm an admirer of the infinite celestial bodies. I adore the format in this poem (yes, I do notice format and structure ;P). And the emotion envelops the reader as does the imagery with its haunting void/spiritual feeling. One of my favorites by you, pimp. 5/5

Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:05 am
Thank youu!!!

Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:06 am
aw my heart got cut off. sad face

TheMoonStillFollowsMe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:03 am
all i can say is wow

Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:51 am
thanks for reading :)

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:28 am
This is amazingly written! Your poem is wonderful! It's so very descriptive and very powerful. Thank you for sharing this!

Thanks for reading :)

Ambiguity said...
These words drew me into this world you've beautifully crafted, this is just amazing. 

thank you :)

AprilJ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dear, this is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much for brightening my day with your art. Please keep writing, gorgeous. ;)

thank YOU for reading.

ProphecyMist said...
This is gorgeous. Thank you.

no, thank you. glad you liked it :)