"The wild beast within" | Teen Ink

"The wild beast within"

By Cattohpoems BRONZE, Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Cattohpoems BRONZE, Sallisaw, Oklahoma

"Thank you for the tragedy, I need it for my art."

When I think of hearts,
I don't think of an organ or a feeling.
I think of wild beast with blood-red eyes.
I think of a wild creature, who keeps crying velvet blood tears, over every person it allows in.
I think of a wild creature stuck behind rib-cages.
I think of a creature being held responsible for the rest of the body.
I believe it takes years and years, for the heart to stop crying, but when this wild beast is finally satisfied,
it dies.

I wrote this piece, when I was coming out of a rough time. When I was trying to understand my surroundings. That's when I turned to writing. That's why I fell in love with writing actually. I loved it because I was able to take other peoples emotions, and mine, and put them into stories. I remember writing this, along with a few others, while I was in the backseat of the car during a storm. I remember, sitting there watching how beautiful the rain was, how simple it was. Then it hit me hard, like lighting to a tree, how insignificant I was to the world. I was just like a leave blowing in the wind in the storm, but that's what made that leaf so significant. That's when I wanted to, more than anything, for my words to touch somebody else, like that leaf in the wind.
My perspective on this writing, is the way you try all your life to become satisfied, but never truly are, till you die. Your heart keeps pumping and pumping blood, keeping you cheeks full of life, through all moments of joy, and laughter, and heart ache. Of corse this is fiction, but I want the reader to connect to it in there own way. There interpretation of this, may be way different then what I was feeling at the time. I just want the reader to feel. To feel there surrounding, there words, the Earth. I just want the reader to feel so deeply and wonderfully, and how truly beautiful it is to feel.