Still holding on | Teen Ink

Still holding on

July 24, 2014
By Ferro GOLD, Mexico City, Other
Ferro GOLD, Mexico City, Other
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You keep shattering your happiness as if it were a piece of glass you would expect to glue once after another time . You keep shouting out that you wont let go because you can hear the world whispering in your ear to just give up. You are holding one the rope of life too light , because when you held it strongly , you got burned. You waiting for a light wind to comfort you whilst you are still holding on. You have been through rain , storm and thunder , but you are still holding on. Let me sow back together the shattered pieces of hope you have left, to at least have something to hold on to when you are too tired of holding on to the rope , hold on to me . You keep repeating the words “just another day” to yourself, because you have to inspire yourself because no-one will do it for you. So you keep holding on. When people pass by you with a thick rope and them swinging on it whilst you are on your last thread , you tell yourself “at least i have something to live for , whilst they have nothing to die for”. Then you just let go. You find yourself falling , all your problems are being thrust open from you bones and being thrown into the emptiness, for those last moments, you are free, but in some way, you are still holding on but this time not to the rope but to me.