A dead souls advice | Teen Ink

A dead souls advice

July 24, 2014
By sutt0n PLATINUM, Centennial, Colorado
sutt0n PLATINUM, Centennial, Colorado
21 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"The duty of youth is to challenge corruption." - Kurt Cobain


I wonder what song they will play at my funeral.
I wonder if it will bring the people peace,
while they sit in a church to leave the dead.
I hope they play my favorite song.
The one that I played in my car right before the lights flashed and my eyes shut.

I always thought about this day. Many of the broken souls do. What those fractured hearts do not realize, is a mother should never have to bury her child.

While our lungs still inflate we hope they don't for much longer. Our eyes open in the morning yet we wish they don't. We want them to stay closed for eternity so that we do not have to feel the world crushing our minds any longer. We do not want to see ourselves in the mirror when we wake up, we fear that we will still have color in our cheeks.

We grow tired, and feel weak. No matter what the doctors tell us about getting better we choose not to believe them, or even give them another second to speak.

The doctors are not always right about the pills and the healing process.

But listen closely before you take a faulty step.
Pain is temporary my darling.
Oh God. What I wouldn't give to watch my friends grow like the beautiful roses they are. I would give everything to hear the wind again, and taste the raindrops falling to the earth. I miss the sun and the life it sustained. I miss my family, and the ability to cry. The ability to feel.

Take my advice.

Life can be the most painful thing you will ever experience. But pain is only for the moment. Once you sit at your own funeral and hear the music over the crying. You will wish you'd given yourself a second chance.


The author's comments:
I spent a long time thinking over this piece. I recently have gone through severe struggles with holding on to reasons to keep myself alive. I sat down earlier the day i wrote this and thought to myself, "I can't give up yet."

I went over reasons as to why living is worth it for hours. I hope this piece, although depressing, shows struggling lives that they can make it, no matter how hard things may be getting.