Kindness | Teen Ink

Kindness

July 18, 2014
By KristenTaylor GOLD, Atmore, Alabama
KristenTaylor GOLD, Atmore, Alabama
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

One simple act of kindness may not be able to change the world. But it can change lives, lives of others. No matter how big or how small. It’s like comparing ourselves to the world. We may be no more than a reflection of what we wish we could be. But we can change the world by our actions, one at a time. Our actions can move mountains; they can stop tears and destroy fears. Our actions make who we are as a person. They can carry how others see us or even how we see ourselves.
Taking the courage in ourselves to discard the thoughts of doubt in each other. We are voices; everyone was crafted with a self-conscious. Whether we use that voice or not, defines us. Not the names we were called.
Kindness is the voices in our head that tell us to help. The judgment of others is that exhale we take after we turn our heads and act like if we don’t do anything, it’s not our problem. But were wrong, kindness is handing that tissue with one hand and lending our other hand for support. Kindness is three little words that can make a difference “Are you okay?”
To me kindness is one thing we lack in this generation. We are so conceded taking that exhale. While we let their heads and praying knees fall. We turn our heads.

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
–Aesop (Greek storyteller)

Kindness is something that will remain a picture on a wall. Kindness is an image of the beauty a picture of inspiration. We can learn as our mistakes crumble into little balls of discouragement. Kindness is a voice giving others a new sheet of paper. So we can learn from our decisions that took off but never flew.
Kindness is the words we never said.