XVI — Roman numeral for 16 | Teen Ink

XVI — Roman numeral for 16

By McArthur BRONZE, Colonia, New Jersey
McArthur BRONZE, Colonia, New Jersey

I love the game hangman. It teaches us that by saying the wrong thing we could potentially end someone's life.

XVI — Roman numeral for 16

It was at 16 that I began to really write and expand out of just scattered collections of unfinished thoughts that I managed to corrupt into “poetry;” and 16 was the age I tried to off myself for the first time.
[I have never really told anyone this so forgive me if my script looks like s***.]

16 is the age where I had my first restless night of many, and drank myself into a comatose state as to where I was not awake or asleep, but felt on the cusp of a balance between being alive or dead.

16 is the age I realized that just 2 more years I had to go until I could leave my life behind and move to Manhattan and just live as a writer in my white ceramic house with tons of windows that hung over the city where I could just drive and drive for miles and I don’t know; I love New York. The city never sleeps.

16 is the age where I realized I could be anything I wanted to be and I didn't need friends or even family to doubt me and I certainly didn’t need them to make a joke of my life. I could finally be my own man.

16 is the first time where I acquired trust from my parents and 16 is the age that I broadcasted my writing online and 16 is the age that I learned drive

And 16 is the first time she let my callused hands touch her veins that I swear, had carved a path to heaven (it was good)

And 16 is the age that I will remember as the starting point for the rest of my life.

I recently made an Instagram account, where I broadcast my writing online. My username is @x.vi feel free to follow me and see more of my writing there !