This man | Teen Ink

This man

July 7, 2014
By Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa
Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa
17 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
when life gives you lemons... eat them and make really weird faces at people.


This man, he told me he did not believe in love. He told me that he could not be friends with a girl. He could not have a girlfriend. This man only wanted "it". His friends told me he couldn't be the guy I wanted him to be... that he wouldn't be that guy. So, what do you suppose I did? Of course I still went to see him anyway. When I got there, he was standing outside his house. I walked up to him and I slowly locked eyes with this man. He looked at me as if I was a piece of meat; like he owned me. Like I was a toy for him to play with. I spoke with kind, yet harsh words. He spoke with rude and immature letters. He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me closer. His eyes were full of hate and meaningless lies. Then, he told me, "This is the man I am... If you actually wanted to be friends with me, you wouldn't change me."
I stood there with no words. I was not astonished, nor was I speechless. The silence was enjoyable for the moment. I walked closer to this man, nearly touching his skin. My gaze was as strong as steel as I opened my mouth. "Change you?", I asked. "This is not who you are; this does not define a man. You may enjoy treating women like they're nothing, but it does not tell me the person you are. You are afraid of love. You think it's not worth getting broken. Actually, sometimes, it may not be, but I never asked you to fall in love with me; I asked for a friendship, not a relationship."
The silence once again resumed as I stood there in anger. His eyes were on something else... the sky. After a while, he turned his attention back to me. He slowly put his hand on my waist, standing there with no emotion. He was unpredictable. He could have slapped me, or worse, but then, he did the unexpected... he kissed me.