Heart Breaker | Teen Ink

Heart Breaker

By Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa
Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa

when life gives you lemons... eat them and make really weird faces at people.

I look into his blue eyes sadder then ever. As I keep speaking his spark is getting blown out little by little.
Picking up a knife and stabbing him would of been better. Instead I chose to slowly burn him. As he tries to put out the flames with his tears, I just light them on fire.
Just the silence he gives
me, sent a wave of guilt towering upon me. I give his silence a little sympathy, but he returns it with a cold glare. He is thinking how dare she pity me. I offer a hand of friendship, but he dismisses me. His mind already twisted up my words and turned it into a burning hate. Loving someone... and having them not love you back is tragic. But the worst of it all is... the people who don't have the ability to love someone as great as you. Because worthiness is at stake. The heart breaker sometimes has it worse. A broken heart will heal, but a guilty heart will be chewed up and swallowed whole.

It sucks to have your heart broken. It sucks even more when you have to be the one who breaks it.

on Jul. 6 2014 at 12:22 am
CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

I like how you worded it about her breaking up with him.

Srs42 GOLD said...
Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa

Thankyou:)

on Jul. 5 2014 at 10:58 am
KylieKylieMarie GOLD, Little Chute, Wisconsin

"Never apologize for how you feel, it's like saying 'sorry' for being real." -Rob Dyer (S4C)

This poem is super powerful! I really love the last line!