Insecure

Somehow I can't help but think
That I'm to blame for everything.
It's always something I did—
Something I wrote—
Something I said.
And somehow I can't help but know
That I'm the subject of their whispers.
It's something I wore—
Some way I acted—
Something wrong I said.

I'm sorry, I’m sorry.
Let me fix it. Give me another chance.
But please,
First give me this opportunity
To feel secure
In your arms.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 22 at 11:51 pm
So relatable, yet entirely unique!!!! XD

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 6 at 12:29 am
I can coonect to this, it's what I say so much. "I'm sorry." I love the way you wove your words into this, your poem. This is amazing. I love your poem. Thank you for sharing this.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 6 at 12:41 am
connect*, sorry

fallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 4 at 10:54 pm
Love this. I love the fragments of the sebtence making the reader sense the speakers emotional insecurites as you wrote this. I love your stsnza being short like your unsure of saying it. Love your imagery your Omazing imagery Will done!