What is a Dream?

"What is a dream?
You've asked me so many times
And I'm sorry that I never answered
But the truth is, I didn't know
A dream can exist as many things

It is something that you've aspired
For as long as you can remember
It is that of what you hope for

A dream can be as simple
As the many dancing images
That travel through your head at night

It can be an important message
That you receive through
Those very same dancing images

Maybe a dream
Is what you are when you die
Gracefully floating through
Every part of space and time

Or maybe a dream
Is simply a metaphor
Just like you, dear
You are my dream

But when you truly,
Deeply think about it
It isn't as insane as it seems
A dream is simply
Anything you dream it to be

lydia.wThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 3 at 11:19 am
Aw thank you!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 1 at 4:16 pm
I love poems about dreams, but this has to be one of my faves! Keep up the great work!!!  o^_^o

GabrielleamarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29 at 9:34 pm
WOW! I am amazed, this poem is so good! Delicious wow!

lydia.wThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 29 at 10:49 pm
haha thank you!

HudaZaveryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 27 at 6:09 pm
How am I the first to comment on this? This poem is amazing, well done!

Jun. 27 at 11:02 pm
Thank you so much(: