Hey You, It's Me | Teen Ink

Hey You, It's Me

June 14, 2014
By itsmehailee SILVER, St. Catharines, Other
itsmehailee SILVER, St. Catharines, Other
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”


Hey you, it's me. I know we haven't talked in awhile but I want you to know, never change who you are. Then I won't be able to find your pretty face in the crowd. You'll be lost among the "wannabes" and "try-hards". You'll be scattered among the "lost" and "faceless". I will search for you, but I will never find. If I ever do find you, you won't come back. For you will be in love with the "faceless" and you will dance around the "wannabes". You won't have time for me, but only for them. You won't understand me anymore. Then slowly I won't understand you. Your beautiful face will become mixed in with the "try-hards". Your eyes will never lock with mine again. Your face will never touch mine. But I can't let your face go, because it's all I ever had, and all I ever will.


The author's comments:
This piece is for those who loved someone that never loved them back. We all have to let go eventually even if it seems like they were everything. There are so many people out there to love, we just have to find the right one. When we find that person they won't let us go either.