Heavy Gasps and Tender Sighs | Teen Ink

Heavy Gasps and Tender Sighs

By chloeasanocean BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
chloeasanocean BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania

i smell apples im your hair, you're like an endless orchard. as am i, like a fruit overripened and left to beg to be pick. you're more like the tree heavy and deep. but even as i look at you i can see constellations in your eyelashes, planets in your eyebrows and stars gleaming off your cheekbones. i can still feel your prescense heavy at my side, leaning on me for comfort. even though you're not here i can still smell the spice of your shirt laping at my skin like a wild dog. but smilies could not describe the way i feel and metaphors could never be as deep as my love because you are more than playing connect the dots with your freckles. you are more than the way your breath sounds at 2AM when you yawn. you are more than the way you tap nervously at your bottom lip when you have a bad day. you are extraordinary and extraordinary cannot be put into words. but most of all, you put a fire in my heart that oceans could not cease, you put the tornado in my brain the breaks all my walls, you are the home i never felt, your are the structure that holds me feet soundly. your are the wind and the rain and night and morning you are the end and the beginning. you are life. you are love.

I wrote this piece about loving someone so much you can't breath, how emotional and heavy the human heart can be at the toughest times,