Flying High

If we are to die what do we strive for?
If nobody REALLY live then what should the next generation?
When we give into temptation are we disappointing society or ourselves?
We live in a world where what we think are our opinions aren't because they have been morphed.
We live in a world where one thing is cute but it is gross when we see it from another angle.
Why do we fight each other when we die anyway.
Why do we look to a certain object to solve our problems.
We look at money as a savior,
women as play things,
men as pets,
gays as abominations,
straight as the "mainstream" norm,
religion as an anchor,
disbelief as a lie.
We rely on others to cheer us up when those people may only make it worse because they don't understand.
With this misunderstanding you retaliate.
Then there is the fight, the fight that is inevitable but pointless.
We all die.
But why not enjoy what is here.
When we are here.
Because
you
are
you.
And
you
should
ONLY
listen
to
you.
What makes you happy is what makes you beautiful.
Despite appearance, race, sexuality or lack of it, religion or lack of it, culture, age, gender or lack of it. The only thing that can REALLY hold you down is gravity.
But someone told me lately that everyone deserves the chance to fly.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18 at 10:04 am
Very beautiful and very powerful and very inspring. That's all I can say, except that you're awonderful writer! Keep on!!! ^_^ thank you, for sharing this!!!

Pyromancer.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18 at 7:12 am
Okay, so I got bored and decided to check your page out (: I'm glad I did. This poem is amazing. I love it. Great job!

AlwaysrunningThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 29 at 11:57 am
Thank you both, I really wanted to get super creative with it and I appreciate your feedback!