Dreams and Nightmares | Teen Ink

Dreams and Nightmares

By shadow16. GOLD, Charleston, South Carolina
shadow16. GOLD, Charleston, South Carolina

you live and learn, but learn when the love is gone.

Pretty leaves pretty skies pretty words pretty lies seep through my soul like the pupils in my eyes where sacrifice sees and realize the truth of my hopes and dreams hidden in the shadows of the abyss in my heart. The mirror looks, sees, and says that I'm the fool that jumped but never thought id fall into what’s left. and what i left behind my heart hopes and dreams and all of a kind. Forgotten and helpless where no one sees because the shadows surround yourself n put you at ease. Love is like a baby chick falling out of a tree. You leap not knowing whether you’re flying or falling to your death, but while u are in that god forsaken drop it is like the world stops and there is nothing but her left, and although you may hit the ground and pledging to yourself "NEVER AGAIN," that cliff comes by and you see you're on the edge again willing and ready to leap with battle scars and bandages that never seem to be at ease. that fall is all we live for and dream. And now a days my dreams are like nightmare. Terrors of the touch of her lips the sway of her hips the shine of her hair the passion of her kiss my dreams are full of her me n my bliss. They are all nightmares because they are vision of maybe of what has yet to be or they are fantasies of what my life cannot conceive. Pretty leaves and pretty skies pretty words and pretty lies do not lie in my mind at its contempt but only of her is every thought ever spent. Love is but a dream that we never know if we will ever conceive maybe that why "in love" is so hard to believe.

I wrote this because I was feeling like being in love was like being on the edge of a cliff and i couldn't figure out if it was bad or good

shadow16. GOLD said...
on Jun. 19 2014 at 11:27 am

thank you. im glad someone thinks so

on May. 26 2014 at 1:56 pm
Love2Read72 PLATINUM, Kentfield, California

"Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” — Taylor Swift

Beautiful.