Her Violin

Nimble fingers fly
Upon the gilded strings
Yielding to the beauty
Of emotive melodies

The bow strokes the chord
A sigh of ecstasy
Breathes into the air
Erasing enmity

Her softly swaying dance
A fluid flowing stream
From the pressing of a chord
To the humming of a string

Its magic twirls the air
Awakening in dreams
Soothing stormy minds
And evoking memories

Emily.of.BooksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18 at 1:49 am:
This is such a lovely poem! The imagery is just fantastic. I used to play violin and your poem fully captures the instrument's beauty. Bravo!

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 4:43 pm:
thank you^^

WritinGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 30 at 1:48 pm :
whoa, sorry, i know  this is not about the poem (which is spectacular) but i just  looked at your page and saw you like Ranger's Apprentice!! I LOVE that series!! (and archery) sorry, I just was so elated I had to inform you. Who do you like better, halt or will? Anways, back to  the poem...

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 4 at 8:33 pm :
LUV halt!!!

Jul. 5 at 10:07 am :
Will is way better!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 8:06 pm:
I love your wording throughout this poem: "From the pressing of a chord, to the humming of a string..." It's just elegantly put. I love the sound of violins, and you captured its beauty perfectly.

writing.is.my.life.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 24 at 6:05 pm :
This is really pretty!

AuthorArsh said...
Jun. 9 at 3:34 am:
I know nothing about playing a violin. But this poem was really beautiful and well put. Great work!

Jun. 10 at 2:01 pm :
Thank you so much^^

HelloImVinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6 at 9:57 am:
This is beautiful. I also enjoy playing violin. Maybe we can meet up one day and play together. ;) Lmk. Xo, Vin

Jun. 8 at 4:42 pm :
hahahaha i would luv to do a duet!^^

taliamaee said...
May 29 at 9:03 pm:
LOVE. i literally feel like i'm playing with you.

May 29 at 9:05 pm :
thank you^^

flyyyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 9:02 pm:
Lovely! Just lovely!!

Psuedonymous_Walsh said...
May 28 at 5:24 pm:
^w^ Being a violinist, that was awesome! I absolutely LOVED the intricate wording you used to describe such beauty! Music truly has power, much like the words of this poem. 

May 28 at 6:24 pm :
thank you so much^^

May 28 at 9:52 pm :
i kow. I'm actually a violinist too, and although i didn't say this, i thought you captured the beauty of the instrument so well. 

WritinGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 9:07 pm:
I mean it. Hey, kind of off topic, have u read any of my stories by any chance? It's just I'm kind of new to teen ink, and I really really really want to know what people think of my stories/poems. You totes don't have too, it would just be super uper awesome! :)

May 26 at 1:26 pm:
nice job! 

May 26 at 1:53 pm :
thank you^^