Her Violin

Nimble fingers fly
Upon the gilded strings
Yielding to the beauty
Of emotive melodies

The bow strokes the chord
A sigh of ecstasy
Breathes into the air
Erasing enmity

Her softly swaying dance
A fluid flowing stream
From the pressing of a chord
To the humming of a string

Its magic twirls the air
Awakening in dreams
Soothing stormy minds
And evoking memories

celticstudygirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:41 pm
I love this lovely poem! I love the violin and love people who can play it. I want to learn how to play it one day.

ThePoeticJusticeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7 at 8:32 pm
XD love it it's totally a song in its own way XD another like, and I added it to my faves too

Emily.of.Books said...
Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:49 am
This is such a lovely poem! The imagery is just fantastic. I used to play violin and your poem fully captures the instrument's beauty. Bravo!

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
thank you^^

WritinGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
whoa, sorry, i know  this is not about the poem (which is spectacular) but i just  looked at your page and saw you like Ranger's Apprentice!! I LOVE that series!! (and archery) sorry, I just was so elated I had to inform you. Who do you like better, halt or will? Anways, back to  the poem...

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
LUV halt!!!

Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:07 am
Will is way better!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love your wording throughout this poem: "From the pressing of a chord, to the humming of a string..." It's just elegantly put. I love the sound of violins, and you captured its beauty perfectly.

writing.is.my.life.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
This is really pretty!

AuthorArsh said...
Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:34 am
I know nothing about playing a violin. But this poem was really beautiful and well put. Great work!

Thank you so much^^

HelloImVin said...
Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:57 am
This is beautiful. I also enjoy playing violin. Maybe we can meet up one day and play together. ;) Lmk. Xo, Vin

hahahaha i would luv to do a duet!^^

taliamaee said...
LOVE. i literally feel like i'm playing with you.

thank you^^

flyyyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lovely! Just lovely!!

Psuedonymous_Walsh said...
^w^ Being a violinist, that was awesome! I absolutely LOVED the intricate wording you used to describe such beauty! Music truly has power, much like the words of this poem. 

thank you so much^^

i kow. I'm actually a violinist too, and although i didn't say this, i thought you captured the beauty of the instrument so well. 

WritinGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I mean it. Hey, kind of off topic, have u read any of my stories by any chance? It's just I'm kind of new to teen ink, and I really really really want to know what people think of my stories/poems. You totes don't have too, it would just be super uper awesome! :)