Mute. | Teen Ink

Mute.

May 18, 2014
By dwallis15 BRONZE, Orion, Michigan
dwallis15 BRONZE, Orion, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You apologize over and over to this girl. Over and over, again and again.
In my right mind, I had never imagined that a human being could be so unmarred,
so untarnished.
Her smile is one of a kind. It’s the kind of smile that makes your heart drop to your stomach,
and fills your body with an overwhelming bliss.
It’s the type of smile that allows you to remember the exact moment in time
you first saw it.

You apologize over and over to this girl. Over and over, again and again.
You fumble for words to expound your feelings for her.
She says she believes you, but she has no idea.
She really doesn’t.
Everything she does amazes you; fascinates you.

You apologize over and over to this girl. Over and over, again and again.
Each ticking second with her is what allows you to lie in bed at night, and just smile.
When you aren’t with her, she occupies your mind.
It’s uncommon for her to escape your thoughts. You think about her beauty.
Oh,
how lucky you are to have her.





You apologize over and over to this girl. Over and over, again and again.
You’re sorry that she will never be able to see herself smile genuinely.
You feel so privileged to know that you are the reason for that smile.

You’re sorry that she will never understand how much she really means to you.
You feel so privileged to know she is yours, and only yours.

You’re sorry that she will never realize that she is on your mind for every single second of every single day.
You feel so privileged to know that you are on her mind as well.


The greatest feelings in life are those that you have no words for;
the feelings that leave you
mute.


The author's comments:
The impact one person can have on your life is incredible. Be thankful for those that mean the most to you, and leave you mute in your emotions.