We are diseased | Teen Ink

We are diseased

By raechelle PLATINUM, Guthrie, Oklahoma
raechelle PLATINUM, Guthrie, Oklahoma

the way that i see it, if you want the rainbow, you must first put up with the rain.

We are diseased
A place of mindless thoughts and endless wonder, “Why must there be such a place” I spoke to myself. Such emptiness here, feathered into some seemingly long hours we set before ourselves and ever thought to have a meaning to life. The lost minds and tortured souls suspend themselves over the fire in hopes of catching a moment of split second success that never seems to come. This creation we have made for ourselves suggest no bounds and no future cure.
We are diseased. We are diseased with infectious thoughts to never cure ourselves because “that’s how it’s supposed to be” or “that’s how it is”. We fall into the depths of misconception and we choose to believe the problem will pass. No. It will not. It will grow into something much bigger than originally conceived. Each and every person has felt the impulse to save themselves from these troubled ways, why do we not explore the impulses of self-saving?
To ignore the facts, will only continue the unhappiness one experiences in life.
As I sit here in my chair I wonder “Why must people do these things to themselves?” to knowingly create the “unfortunate” to happen and to place themselves into self-damaging situations in order to feel safe. There is no reason for one to feel afraid of life. To be safe you have to not care of how wonderful your life could be or how happy it would be if for once you stop emotionally injuring yourself.
Love can cure anything, so I’ve heard from many bedtime stories and fairy tales. They have taught us that love can cure the darkest of hearts and the most broken. Love does not solely live in fairy tales. Open your eyes! Let in what is before you. See the vibrant life, the deepest of loves, and the heartaches. To experience is the only way of truly learning the acts of life. Why not experience and live, rather than play it safe and lay dormant?
Sometimes the strongest words are the ones you are too afraid to say.
Learn to trust yourself.