SUFFERING | Teen Ink

SUFFERING

By sasunaru BRONZE, Rancho Cucamonga, California
sasunaru BRONZE, Rancho Cucamonga, California

Smiling is the best disguise. No one ever questions you, never asks you if you are alright. Underneath all those smiles, is a person with a facade. For many I'm the happy, go lucky kid. Always smiling, laughing, being obnoxious, pulling pranks, but that's all a lie. For me, my life is just a deep, dark, cold December, everything is clouded in solitude. Everyday it's the same routine, wake up, put on that mask, eat and be that troublemaker you are known for. Right from the start no one sees the invisible tears that run down my face. Never do they see the scars that cover me both mentally, and physically, I mask that unbearable pain that I suffer through every day with a simple "I'm fine don't worry about it". No one looks deep into my eyes, they never see the words that scream at them for help, for warmth, for ANYTHING! Going down that path is all I have ever know, but yet I desperately wish for someone to bring me into the light to take me away from the unbearable pain that is masked away from a simple smile.