Nautical This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

nautical is the depth of
my affections and
there are mountains under the surface if
you’d care to
look,
and I’ll bring a flashlight for the black-
est and deep-
est parts
(because I know even I
get scared),
and if you doubt your ability to swim
up again, I’ll help you
breathe – air
isn’t the only thing that sus-
tains us, but
love

JRaye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've played with this theme before, of being so much deeper and thoughtful than the world knows. This is so innocently, beautifully, uniquely written... All I can say is, when you meet your true love, share this with them. :)

TargonTheDragon said...
I like how they added a "i can relate" tab that i can vote with, because that's exactly how i feel when i read this.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 19, 2015 at 11:18 am
Your poems seem to have a humble amount of uniqueness, and the structure is wonderful (though I wish I could understand the breaking of sus-tains). You always seem to come up with such fresh metaphors.. just beautiful!

WOWriting said...
Sweet :) other than presentation stuff which annoys me cos i'm picky, i love it.

Jade.I.Am This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you. :) and sorry, a lot of my poems are structured weird.