It's Whatever | Teen Ink

It's Whatever

By xRadicullKonx BRONZE, New York City, New York
xRadicullKonx BRONZE, New York City, New York

All monsters are human.

And so... here I am again. Stuck. Stuck in this goop. This sticky goop that is the embodiment of my feelings. My most deep, most hidden, most sickening, beautiful, stupid, wrong, hungry, regretful, hurt feelings. But it's whatever...
I want to move on, but I can't.
Because I'm stuck...
...
...You're the reason I'm stuck here... but it's whatever. It's not your fault really. I was too stupid, too ignorant, too naive... too childish.
And so I reached out to you, to tell you I'm stuck... to ask for help... to ask if maybe... just maybe... you'd want to be stuck with me...
...
...And you told me you feel bad for me... and left...
...
... Left me alone... stuck...
...
... But it's whatever...
I don't want your pity, I want release, dammit! Ugh! It's whatever...
... Because you're stuck too.
You're stuck in the goop that trapped you just like it did me. But for you it's different. You have someone who's reaching out to you... you have a chance at sweet release, freedom. You even have the chance to be stuck in the goop with someone else... and I'm lonely... but it's whatever...
It's not fair, but I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to be stuck in the goop with me either if I were you. I'm happy for you... I'm glad you have someone who's the hope for your release, or who might be stuck with you... I can only wish for that... I know it's not gonna happen...
...
...but it's whatever...

Wrote this at 11 pm, trying to get over a crush.