Blind | Teen Ink

Blind

April 27, 2014
By rachellemarie BRONZE, San Deigo, California
rachellemarie BRONZE, San Deigo, California
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"even if the world says no, be the one to stand up and say yes."


One day a girl came up to me and said "are you wearing make-up?" And I said yes. She goes oh you look pretty today....
See that's what's wrong with society today. See I don't wear make-up, ever...I just wanted to try it out ya know? There's a first time for everything and it was also her first time telling me I was pretty. But only because she saw what was her definition of beauty. Eye-shadow plus a little mascara and some lipstick. She saw that I looked like people in the magazines and people on TV. She saw her definition of beauty. In her eyes I'm only pretty when I look like someone else. But I don't want that. I want someone to call me pretty because of who I am. I'm pretty sure that was the real definition of beauty last time I checked. But people are so blind. There too blind to actually see who's under your skin and not what it looks like. People are blind because they see what they want to see instead if what's right there in front of their faces. people are blind to the fact that make-up does not build who you are. People are blind. Blinded by societies screw ups. Some people probably don't even know what their own face looks like because that's how much they wear make up. Or how much of it they wear. People are so busy worried about what they look like instead of who they are and soon they start to let that outside person become who they really are on the inside. People are blind.


The author's comments:
Enjoy!