Only Temporary

I never quite understood
the world,
and maybe I never will.
For we all seem a little. . .
confused,
a little mad,
and even a little in love.

Oh,

but not only with people,
with things too,
and feelings. . .
those especially!

Those who are lucky
wrap their heads around
first loves and chocolate
milkshakes, and forget
about our collapsing
universe.

But those who are fearful
have more trouble
finding the brighter side
in our temporary world.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24 at 10:27 am
Absolutely chilling. I had to stop and reread several of the lines over again, just so it would sink in. I really liked this. I'm glad you got on the front page; that's a big honor that you definitely deserved. Really cool. Wow.

dinksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24 at 4:30 pm
Thanks so much!

WinterRose1976This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24 at 8:33 am
I love this! It really made me stop and ponder while I was reading. Nice job! 5/5

Apr. 24 at 4:29 pm
Thank you!