Rosie's Morning | Teen Ink

Rosie's Morning

April 21, 2014
By TDiehl SILVER, Kalispell, Montana
TDiehl SILVER, Kalispell, Montana
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Coffee is exactly what she was craving as Rosie rolled out of bed. She could feel the chill of outside from the window by her bed. She put on her pink fluffy robe and blue slippers on as she stumbled to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror taking in her glamorous morning look. She combed out the knots, softly and slowly in her hair from tossing in her sleep, and splashed water In her face, waking her up.
Rosie shuffled her two heavy feet down the stairs to the kitchen. She pressed the power button on her coffee machine and the warm and strong sent of brewing coffee completely filled Rosie and her surroundings. Crouching to sit, Rosie relaxed on her couch and flipped on the television. The first thing she saw was the heart breaking, tear flying scene of a tragic car accident being shown on the news. Rosie’s eyes saddened and sunk as she watched this depressing scene. She quickly turned the channel to a kids program but the thought of sadness hung around in her mind.
The *ding* of her coffee pot chimed in lunging for her cup Rosie suddenly forgot the sadness that was pressed in her mind. She fixed her coffee putting cream and sugar in but before she could look for her spoon to stir the coffee her phone rang. She was surprised to hear her mother’s bright and lively voice. Rosie was surprised even her mother could seem so awake at such an early hour. Her mother was just checking in on Rosie, she felt secure with the thought that someone was looking out for her.
Rosie, returning to look for her spoon got impatient and grabbed a butter knife and whisked around the coffee to mix it. Rosie went to sit back down on her couch. She tucked her feet under her, turning off the children’s show and sat in silence, enjoying every moment of it.
Finally, Rosie took a sip of the coffee she had been craving.