The Deaf

Why can't they hear me?

With every look,
With each breath,
With my entire body,
I am screaming.

I yell for them to help,
To save me from self-destruct,
But they do not hear.

I am lost and alone,
Surrounded by the Deaf.
My thoughts reach out to them,
Begging for their attention,
But they cannot hear.
I moan and groan,
Hoping for relief,
But they turn a deaf ear.

I am screaming.

They do not hear.

They choose to be deaf.

HudaZaveryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8 at 12:06 pm:
This is a very powerful metaphor, I am surprised this doesnt have more comments! Great work, it really left an impact on me

MalaikaJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 10:47 pm :
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me when people comment on my work.

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 11:45 am:
This is powerful and meaningful. You speak of those people who honestly don't care in such a passionate wayand I love it. OK, I'm being picky but it's 'self destruction', not 'self-destruct'. Also, I don't know whether you did it purposefully or not, but I think even if you're talking about people as the deaf, it shouldn't have a capital letter. However, if you're categorising them as a group, then that's fine :) love ... (more »)

May 31 at 12:00 pm :
Thanks, I will switch it to self-destruction. I meant to capitalize the Deaf, though. Thank you for the help!

WinterRose1976This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27 at 4:11 pm:
Wow, this is a really powerful piece! 5/5

HadassahJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 20 at 12:17 am:
this gave me chills!!!