Nominal Thing (Losing Maria)

I rub my body raw
with this slippery bar
of his soap tainted masculine.

My skin turns carmine
from the scalding water
exploding from above;

all I feel is heat
while I contemplate
this sharp smell that burns
my nose, and brings tears
to my eyes.

I will love it later,
when the smell stains my pillow,
and I wake up reminded of you.

I weave my fingers
through the sharp brambles
of my tangled hair.
I feel as if I’m floating
in time uncreated.

You see my dear,
it’s a nominal thing
that she doesn’t have hair.
That she’s going to die soon,
before you can bury your face
in the valley of my neck and shoulder,
wishing it smelled of her
ancient, flowered shampoo.

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 10:30 pm:
Do you realize the gift you have? You have such an unbelievable way with words, everything flows so beautifully here, I just love it :) I'm not much of a poet, other wise I would give some criticism, but all I have to say is well done :)

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 9:14 pm :
omg thank you so much! That's so much more than a compliment because everything I write comes from this raw and bitter place deeper than my heart itself. I ruminate over every word, and every meaning and somehow it flows together. By saying that you like my work, it's almost like you're saying you feel what I feel about my life, and it's a relief almost, if that's the right word.