Just to Let You Know This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your butchering words
In the beginning
Went through my head
As a child who listens
To every word you say

Your constant sarcasm
Your words which
I thought were the truth
The never giving up

Just to let you know, Dad
Those butchering words
To me are now worthless
For I know now
It was only your sickness

EmilyWritten said...
Mar. 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm:
I like this poem alot and to what you're expressing. My only critisisum is a few words could have been tweaked a small bit just to emphasize the pain.

MarleyRainbow said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm:

enjoyed reading this poem it maybe short but it expresses alot

Duckie430This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:26 am:
I like this poem

FULLSTOP said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 6:41 am:
 this is really deep and i think (i may be wrong) that you have listened to his words and you used to be upset by them but now you're not because you know it was only his illnes. Please keep writing because this is amazing xx please look at some of my stuff! xx

DarkestSunshine said...
I need some feedback from good poets so please look at my stuff and comment.

pianokeysevie replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm :
Ikr.. Me too.. I just joined this website.. Not sure if I'm any good or not:p

Fia-fia said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:15 am:
This is really interesting. Its well written and speaks volumes about the truth uttered from others. THank you :)

aveawave said...
I can very well relate to this. i was thinking about putting a poem called "acceptance" up, which is about my father, but i got scared because it is really personal.

AngelsKiss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:05 am :
you should put that poem up if you havent already

KatherineKilljoyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it (:

bubblesrfun said...
I really think this poem is amazing, even if I can't relate to it personally. Great use of words, they really make the readers feel things.

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:17 am:
This is great! You are very talented. Do you mind checking out my poem 'On our Own' ? Thanks.

browneyez16 said...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 7:47 am:
Wow.I really love this piece. I can relate to it very well only in my case it is my mother.Keep up the heartfelt work!

Hwheeler12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:31 am:
This isn't a beautiful piece. It's utterly sad. What children have to put up with because of their parents irresponsibility is pitiful. You put transformed a rough subject into flowing language people can relate to. Good job.

rolzpolz98 said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 4:21 am:
niiccee!!!

CoolPapaJames said...
Great Poem! If your reading this check out my poems and comment if you like them :)

Andrew1 said...
 Wow great job and congrats on getting published and receiving so many kind comments. Beautiful writing. 

foreverlove said...
thats amazing has so much meaning to it wow got me thinkin about my father well written

classof20142121 said...
I  Love  ,Love this . Hey u  should read and comment on my work.

Writerforlife7423 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful writing. You expressed your emotions and feelings perfectly and it definitely deserved to be published! Congrats! Anybody who reads this...could you please check out some of my poems? I would love some comments and feedback! For every comment I get, I'll comment on yours too! Thanks! :)