Self Destructive

Love me for my messed up hair
Even though you could never run your fingers through it
Without getting caught in the mess of it yourself
In fact, you would get caught in my mess of everything
I treat my past as not my past, but my present
I cannot let go of what is long gone
And I would drag you into my past
Like a time machine

Love me, even though I am hazardous and
Self-destructive
Screwed up
Self conscious
But the good news is that opposites attract
And we would be perfect together

Love me for my eyes, though their embers are dying out
And you would rarely get to see them sparkle
"Eyes are windows to the soul"
But I should draw my curtains close

Love me for my irreparable heart
Long ago, my heart was replaced
By a broken record stuck on replay
Stuttering through the same old tune
Its sound waves rippling through my body
Like the surface of a pond
I cannot promise much but I can promise this
I can love you like you deserve
And I hope that is enough
Love me for loving you

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 27 at 9:42 pm
I enjoyed the repetition of Love me, and the deeper message inside it. My favorite line was, "By a broken record struck on replay", because a record can replay without being broken. Also, thank you so much for recommening "1984" for me, loved every page!

HudaZaveryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 28 at 12:33 pm
Thank you very much! And I'm glad you liked 1984, it's my absolute favorite =)

CheesePie said...
Jul. 19 at 1:08 am
Awesome poem! I love the last line, perfect but for some reason never thought of till now. AWESOME :)

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 7:39 am
I feel like maybe this could use more rhythm but that's just my personal opinion. I especially like the last verse! Good idea. and actually this could be a song . have you ever thought about turning this into lyrics?

sarahcarp63This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 11 at 10:31 pm
very very relatable

Ariel_FluffyyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 11:57 am
This is a very beautiful piece. I enjoy reading this. Great Job!!

sparrow-at-flight said...
Jul. 9 at 3:15 am
Beautiful <3 so happy I found you acocunt!!

Jul. 8 at 5:24 pm
Very unique, you used your word choice very carefully and it made the poetry stand out. Keep writing!

Sissybug2012 said...
Jun. 27 at 9:57 am
Love this...

lydia.wThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26 at 10:33 pm
I really like this. I love how you keep saying love me even though there are flaws

Ms.Resilience said...
Jun. 23 at 12:24 am
I absolutely loved your repetition of the words "Love me" in every stanza. It ties the whole poem together. 

SabrinaFaireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 22 at 10:53 pm
This is great, it truly made me feel the words!

GraceJGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 22 at 9:43 pm
Absolutely perfect I loved it. Evoked so much emotion

Ashers101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22 at 9:19 pm
That's amazing. I really liked it. Good job :)

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21 at 4:50 pm
Beautifully done all around

NostradamusClaims said...
May 15 at 10:10 am
i love dark poetry and this is just it!!!!!
it had been a long time since i read something this good. keep writing more... :)

drwholock101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 15 at 8:52 am
This is pretty good! I like dark poetry, and I found this suited my tastes! I like how its about having already gone through to many heart braks, and yet still not giving up!

Tactical_Writer_65This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 14 at 8:46 pm
It was interesting. I liked it. Good word choice and writing overall. I really, really liked it, even if I'm not much of a poetry guy. Haha. Good job

mollybug14 said...
May 10 at 9:37 pm
This is a really amazing, beautiful poem.  I love how it flows and the words you used.   5 stars :)

GhostBeam said...
May 2 at 9:22 pm
Amazing Piece.   I liked the words you used.           Good Work.           Keep Writing.