To a Younger Version of Myself This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dear Me,
I do believe
you should find this letter
between volumes of
Harry Potter books
on a dark and rainy
Sunday.

There are many things
I feel I could tell you
that might make your world
a little easier.

But in doing so
you would lose
the spontaneity of life
The sudden, sharp
pain
of losing a friend, or
joy felt on that 4th of July
spent with him
even if it was
fleeting

…There is one thing
I’ll let you know.
In the spelling bee
(you’ll win this time
instead of getting second place)
if you spell
hexapod
with an A
not an O

Good Luck,
Rebecca

writerfreak89 said...
This is a beautiful poem...I like how u never told yourself how to change your life...everyone knows that if u change it at all u wont be the person u are today! Great job!!!

bowtiesrcool said...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 6:20 am
This is great. I wish I had a noote like this before the "entrepreneur" inccident of 2009. e, not a. Awesome job!

Free- replied...
I didn't get this at first, but then I caught on and it was subtle, yet very good.

fiftiesgal467 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice job! I like this a lot!

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow wow wow I really like this.  I can't even describe it!  woah.  great.

Still_Waters26 said...
This is really cool!!  I like the idea of writing to a younger 'you'.  One thing I'd change is to make it longer--more details about the future and stuff.  it's a little too short.

kmarie14 said...
This is really cool! it reminds me sorta of what i do in my journal :P I often go back and make comments about the past entries just to see how i have changed! I reallly like this! Please check out my work, im pretty new so your opinions would be really nice!

yomaster said...
so nice and simple, but it portrays a lot. lovely job

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 10:03 am
beautiful,and very creative! check out my work, i'm new here so ratings/comment are much appreciated!:)

JasminePinto said...
May 28, 2010 at 11:05 am
very good, i can so relate :), keep on writing

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Beautiful. I love it. I love the fact that it was a letter to you. Well a younger version of you.

Keep writing dear.

And please check out my work. Ratings are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

sumthingprecious said...
Wow, this is really good. I love the detail in this. You’re a great writer. You should really check out some of my writing I think you will like it. Our writing is similar in a way. Please comment and rate too. Thank you.

ShakingChandeliers said...
Dec. 23, 2009 at 1:11 am
I like how, since it was a letter to the younger version of yourself, you kept the tone light and young. Nice job. Definitely worthy of the mag. :)

Kaylamic said...
This poem is good, it made me laugh :)

choirchic said...
it was really good

Rebecca T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 22, 2009 at 5:10 am
Thanks guys. Really means a lot.

Laura J. said...
Aug. 22, 2009 at 3:50 am
i love it. short and sweet. very amusing

bubblez01234 said...
Aug. 22, 2009 at 3:07 am
I think it was cool how you added the whole spelling bee part, and how you would say to spell the word correctly. Very clever!

Chanel G. said...
This is a really cool peace.

Jackie B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was well done, holding the secrets of youth and wisdom while revealing the wonders life can offer. Cute :)