in loving memory, leah elizabeth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I remember
When we would play
King of the mountain
On your freshly made bed
Mommy would be mad at us
But we wouldn’t care

I remember
How I would let you win
Just to see you shine
When you would say
“I beat my big sis!”

I remember
How your brown hair
Bounced when you would
Run up and hug me
Your big blue eyes
Widened in excitement

But now your image is just
A picture in a frame
And all I can do now
Is remember.

WingedSilhouette3 said...
Speechless...... So good. I love the way you made it both sad and beautiful at the same time.

StarryRoss said...
i love that image of being shut in a frame

LovelessWriter1090This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4, 2012 at 7:35 am:
I'm so sorry. I lost my older cousin, and he was like my brother. It's not the sam thing, but it still sucks.

Countrylife4 said...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:17 am:
That was sad ;( so sorry about your sister. That was wonderful and touching!

SydneyV said...
 so sorry about your sister, i lost mine to except she was 3 years older then i am... but she was still a sister.... Great JOb on the poem... Keep writing <3

smilingtillinfinity said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm:
Awww... :(
Touching ..

NoLabelsPlease said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 8:58 pm:
Sad...just leaves me in awe. This was a wonderful poem!

Alexis O. said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 8:46 pm:
Oh Woww.. this is amazing! but so sad... Keep Writing!

sethmeyerslover1234This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oh my goshness this is a great poem and it is so sad. did Leah Elisabeth die? i loved the end verse it was truly beautiful. Katie you have talent. keep using it .  great job keep up the good work girl.

Jessie-Mo said...
This poem is great. It is full of raw emotion, and i love that. You have a great talent. You obviously can go deep into the depths of your heart, pull out your emotions, and write it on paper. It has a great message, and is worthy of being published and more. Please, continue to write.

kmarie14 said...
U have amazing talent, this poem really brings your memories alive, its got a beautiful strong message and a sad powerful ending. Good job! i would love to hear ur opinion on my work! thanks for posting!

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it's amazing what life throws at us, great snapshot of your life... read some of mine?

sethmeyerslover1234This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 4:57 pm :
that is so true. this poem is amazing and it is beautiful 

B.B15 said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm:
Wow this poem caught me by surprise i wasn't expecting the ending. I really like this poem you put so much emotion into it using so few words. You have a great talent

hayhay14 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm:
i really injoyed tjhis i can relate to this my baby bro was 2 wen he died and i was 6

JasminePinto said...
May 28, 2010 at 11:09 am:
this made me cry in class when i read it, so amazingly great keep on writing so great!!!!!!!!!!

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 4:24 pm:
wow that is so touching.  A tear just went down my face! Great way to end it-i love the last stanza

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Emotions are exuding from this page. I love this. It's sad, but I can feel it. Keep writing.

And please check out my work. Ratings are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

skyler said...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:56 am:
wow i havn't cried from someones piece in a long time that was absolutely beautifull and im glad it got published

Ellie:) said...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 2:50 pm:
hey can you check out some of my new poems i just put on.?
Earth is falling
the truth
result
holocaust
[cheers]
i was thinking...
impossible to answer
does anyone really know?
we will pay
speak up
snippits