What if I...? | Teen Ink

What if I...?

By Enderman GOLD, No, Texas
Enderman GOLD, No, Texas

"There is no monster greater than a lack of compassion."

-Master Splinter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Why do I feel like I should be somewhere else right now? Why do I miss them so badly? Do I talk too much? Do I need to clam up like I used to, 6 years ago, when people try to talk to me? Am I too annoying when I talk? Is this why no one wants to be near me except my very closest friends? Am I trying too hard to fit in? Should I just go for it and tell them how I feel? Is it better to remain hidden from everyone? Should I cut off all of my emotional ties and save everyone the pain? Why do I hate living? Should I go through with my plan? Should I get help? Should I explain my reasons to someone else? Should I leave a note? What should it say? Am I really going to do this? Will they miss me when I’m gone? Do I really matter? Do they remember me now?

Part of the first half of this story is nonfiction. The rest is my perspective of what would happen if someone was contemplating suicide. I'm not actually suicidal.

Horror-Mistress DIAMOND, Waco, Texas

There is always someone that has it worse than you

I like how you put everything in question form and slowly transition it from present tense to past tense, to where as he is writing this he is also dying.