I am dripping This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I am dripping
– with blood
– with tears
they are churned
and brewed deep
within me
I don’t tend to
the kettles –
I simply don’t
care enough to
bugs, insects, crawl inside
strike matches on their
crisp skeletons and
light the fire
bright dew drops begin the concoction
skin scales, leaves, grass
they boil down to a thick,
steaming liquid
it burns to be alive.
I secrete involuntary lies
they wait behind the skin,
begging to be released;
to roll down in sweet, hot beads while
the dogs are sitting to lap them up.

lonelyLaviathin said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:19 am
interesting imagery. also to 'sethmeyerslover1234': poetry is writen by the poet to release emotions in a creative and enigmatic format. to the reader; not all peoms will make sense but may take on a new meaning to the person who reads it. it isn't about getting it. it's about feeling the power in the poets emotion and the beauty in their words.

sethmeyerslover1234 said...
i don't get it. help me get it please! :) i wish i got it im sad now that i don't get it:(

babygirl94 said...
this is really good, very draculaish though, if you know what i mean. it really captures the meaning of dark. good job ;)

AnonyMiss said...
this is so passionate. its AWESOME

bbygurl21 said...
i feel like i am a part of this poem. i read it 10 times it is so amazing. please comment one of my poems please.

JioMess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Usually when i read someone elses work i tend to get a little jealous because, lets face it im not that good of a writer. Your poetry it made me wish i had such great talent as you do. keep a hold of it, because it might slip away from you one day. Great great poem.

(=amanda=) said...
well..i hadta read it a few times to get it. i was so confused, but this is an absolutely amazing poem. its got real feeling behind it and i love the way you used metaphors to get your point across. good job! and congrats on getting published too!

SUPERMANDwightHoward replied...
It took me a couple of tims to understand the metaphors, but once I did I loved it

~*The-Broken-Hearted-Girl*~ said...
this is awesome!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WRITING!!

Krysten M. said...
wow

sethmeyerslover1234 replied...
are you saying wow as a good thing? i hope its a good thing. even tho i don't get this poem which is sad. 4 me

AshaMidnightOlympian said...
Absolutely amazing. You've really made your point.