Roses

Silky smooth petals adorn the salient thorn
Yet if you look behind the grace you'll find the rose will scorn

Its easy to mistake me for something angelic
But if you look inside You'll find not much to relic

taliamaee said...
today at 9:21 pm:
this is so pretty! i love the rhyme scheme, haha. it's written so beautifully and i can feel the emotion:)

ansem_unlimitedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 5:57 pm:
I like how it's short, elagent and well worded, very nice.

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20 at 7:58 pm:
this is a beautiful and deep poem! I love it!

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 20 at 8:03 pm :
Thank you so much!!!

WinterRose1976This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 11:44 am:
The first half of your poem is perfect. It flows extremely well and is beautifully written. The second part isn't as eloquent, but it's still amazingly good. I really like it!

Mar. 18 at 12:52 pm :
Thank you so much! I agree. I could have done better on the second half... Do you know how I can edit my pieces?