Roses

Silky smooth petals adorn the salient thorn
Yet if you look behind the grace you'll find the rose will scorn

Its easy to mistake me for something angelic
But if you look inside You'll find not much to relic

itsyourmaingirl said...
Nov. 25 at 10:55 pm
this whole thing is amazing and very well written!

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 23 at 6:28 pm
Great imagrey, it was like the rose was in my hand! I like how you used the first stanza to compare yourself to in the next. I think you should or can make this into a very nice haiku (2 or more of course) since you have so much rythmn and precise writting pattern here. Definatley a good double endenre, keep writing!

taliamaee said...
May 28 at 9:21 pm
this is so pretty! i love the rhyme scheme, haha. it's written so beautifully and i can feel the emotion:)

ImmortalRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 11 at 1:54 pm
Thank you!

ansem_unlimitedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 5:57 pm
I like how it's short, elagent and well worded, very nice.

Nov. 11 at 1:54 pm
Thank you!

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20 at 7:58 pm
this is a beautiful and deep poem! I love it!

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 20 at 8:03 pm
Thank you so much!!!

WinterRose1976This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 18 at 11:44 am
The first half of your poem is perfect. It flows extremely well and is beautifully written. The second part isn't as eloquent, but it's still amazingly good. I really like it!

Mar. 18 at 12:52 pm
Thank you so much! I agree. I could have done better on the second half... Do you know how I can edit my pieces?