Red Light This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The light turns red
And I sit alone
Bickering parents sit in the front seat
And I sit in the back. Alone.

I look out the window
It gets foggy from my tears
The people who matter don’t notice
But strangers stop and stare

They look at me
While they wait for a green light
I wonder if they wonder
Do they stop to think about me?

Do they wonder why my tears flow?
Do they wonder why I’m sad?
Do they stop to wonder?
Or does my existence cease when the light turns green?

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 23 at 11:14 pm
This is amazing, and I wonder the exact same thing! The fact that you might cease to exist after the light turns green is so sad and yet humbling. 

lookatdatsoul This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that's what great writers do! They put the world in more abstract terms, because--ironically--doing so makes our infinitely complex world more easy to think about. This is a great poem, you really expressed yourself well. 

lonelyLaviathin said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:22 am
bravo. keep at it

sethmeyerslover1234 said...
i feel that way to why do people always stare at u and notice u at at a red light? thats thats the only time people notice me. in a good way i hope

RedFace replied...
You are so creative! I love this.

AnonyMiss said...
this is so easy to identify with.....i LOVE the questions you put at the end, especially the last one. it ends the poem on such a nice tone

kmarie14 said...

This poem is a.maze.ing. wow. keep writing! its beautiful and has such strong emotion. The main question that you asked, has crossed my mind in such a similar situation many times! bee.u.ti.ful. thanks for posting!

**checkout some of my work if you get the time? comments and ratings are greatly apprieciated! :)

JasminePinto said...
May 28, 2010 at 11:14 am
I can so relate to this, this is absolutely beautiful, please keep writing

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This is good.

Keep writing. And please check out my work. Ratings are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WritingIsLife said...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:10 am
Amazing, Never stop.

Morgan_mabus said...
I can so relate to this,
that happens all the time ...
its like i get tired of acting like everytjing is okay and people who care andlove me dont take the time of day to wonder but strangers just lookat me and i also wonder if they wonder

annkaykay2011 said...
I can relate...alot. I loved the way you put the words together and the style, sad tho. ='[ I loved it overall =]

Ivonne K. said...
Wow! That was brilliant! I once took a trip, and decided to wave to every passing vehicle. I wonder what people saw, as my parents and I passed them. Some people were probably wrapped up in their own worlds, a few waved, but I'm sure to anyone I greeted I gave them a smile.
P.S. - I can totally relate to that!

TheUnknownGuest said...
Aug. 15, 2009 at 5:08 am
I loved it!! I've felt like that too!! Exatly... (sorry if you wanted to be different)

McG said...
OUTSTANDING!