The World as we Know It

Let me tell you about the world as we know it.
The stars that we see in the sky are not really there, because the light takes so long to travel to the earth, that by the time it reaches here, the source of those lights are long dead and gone. All we're really seeing is their leftover light, not the stars themselves.
We also have a little delay in the way we see things, so there really is no such thing as the present, or at least not the way we perceive it. So when we say anything is in the present, we are liars, for there is no such thing as the present.
If there is no such thing as the present, then there is no such thing as the past, and no such thing as the future. The future is always happening, and it's actually closer to the present than we think.
The world as we know it is being ripped and shredded into microscopic infinities until we can no longer make sense of anything anymore…
But what am I saying? I mean at this point, is there really even a world as we know it?

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is like really, one of my absolute favorites and that have stayed n my head.I hope you know that you're a wonderful and talented and inspiring writer and person. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

TheOceansBlackBirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thanks for reading this more then once (based on your two comments XD). I'm glad you enjoyed its philisophicalness so much.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Haha, you're welcome. XP True. And I did, very much. Thanks again. 

I was going to comment on this, your poem, and I had the comment all ready when my laptop decided to do something weird and then, I couldn't post the comment. Electronics these days, sheesh. :/ Anyways, haha. I love your poem! I think this is like, the first time I've seen a poem with a philosophical view and scientific view. I like that it has a philosophical and scientific view, though I'm leaning in more to the philosophical view. All in all, it's a wonderful poem! It has a lo... (more »)

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2014 at 3:01 am
This is a very philosphical piece, and I especially like the truth behind all the words, we never truly perceive the present, nor the past, nor future. I absolutely adore this work of yours, and can't wait to read more. :) Another of my favorites! CX

Rawad said...
I love the scienctific and philosophical relations presented. Keep it up!

This is really good. Keep it up :)  

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Some inaccurate claims scientifically speaking, but interesting and amazingly written nonetheless :P I especially like the ending line. I think that's what really did it for me. Great job!

Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:19 am
Hmm i didn't realize that some of these claims were incaurate... could you tell me which ones? Oh and thank you so much:) I really like the ending as well.

Kylier876This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Interesting concept! I like it :)

MadisonGrace said...
Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:13 am
This really makes you think. It's kind of depressing but it's true and honest feelings so that's good. It makes everyone seem so insignificant. I really liked it though!

Enjoi122 said...
I loved it. Way to put in thought and truth.