Looking Up | Teen Ink

Looking Up

February 25, 2014
By GirloftheMoon SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
GirloftheMoon SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss


When I looked up, I thought that maybe you would be looking down on me.
I thought maybe you were walking on top of the vast darkness and stealing a peek through the small openings in the blanket of the night sky; watching me from the stars.

When I looked up I thought that maybe I would be able to hear you speak to me, if I was quiet enough.
I thought maybe you were sending your voice on the wind, talking to me from a far.

When I looked up I thought that maybe I would feel your embrace again.
I thought maybe the moon’s beam would shine down on me, just me, for a brief second, illuminating me and making me feel special, like your hugs did.

When I looked up, I thought... I thought it would feel like you weren’t gone.
I thought maybe death didn’t have to be a complete barrier, that you were still here with me, somewhere, peeking through the stars, talking on the wind, wrapping me in the moon’s light.

But then I had to look down.

And there I was.

Alone again;

Never being able to reach you but through the enchantments of the night.