Just Give Me A Day This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Just give me a day
A day to blare my music as loud as possible in order to drown out the rest of the world
A day to stay under my covers and
permanently hit the snooze button on
the alarm clock
A day to be angry at the world without
being told to appreciate all that I have
A day to feel sorry for myself
But this won't happen
The world expects us all to plaster on
phony smiles and walk around as if
nothing is wrong
As if she's not starving herself to be skinny
Or neglecting everything else to make it
to the top
There are dying children in Africa so I better not even think that about saying I feel upset
Don't I dare complain that I didn't make
the team because at least I have a house
to go home to at night
But my problems matter to me
I want a day to just feel bad
Just give me a day
'Cause I'll eventually figure out for myself that my life is pretty good
I'll turn down the music and welcome
the world back in
I'll stop being angry and appreciate what
I have
But Just give me a day

BehindTheseScars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24 at 9:51 pm
I am in love with this poem. You are so talented. 

PoetAndYouKnowItThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 6:01 pm
This one of the best poems I have EVER  head and I love this so much. I was actually just about to write a peice like this lol but you took the cake. FANTASIC job again! If you could read one of my most reacent pieces it'd make my day. Thanks and you rock!

skenney97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 23 at 6:15 pm
Thank you so much! This really means a lot, especially coming from such a talented writer. I read some of your work and I was so captivated! Thank you so much again!

GirloftheMoon said...
Feb. 23 at 5:23 pm
This is absolutely one of my favorite poems. The point you are making is so relatable. Nice job!

TheMoonStillFollowsMeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23 at 3:30 pm
I cannot tell you how much I connected with this poem. Beautifully wriiten.

Btung said...
Feb. 22 at 9:39 pm
Very good poem. Relatable and strong tone.