My Precious Peach

I breathe your fragrance,
what a heavenly scent.

I touch your skin,
how velvety soft.

I admire your shape,
so perfectly plump.

I bite your flesh,
how savory sweet!

I lick my lips,
my you are delicious…

GracefullyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 28 at 3:28 pm:
Pretty cool poem! I actually didn't look at the title before reading it and thought that it was about a (sexual) experience with a person, but the fact that it could go both ways is interesting within itself. Also love how it is very short and simple- leaves the reader thinking about what it could be (regardless of the title). Keep writing!

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3 at 10:12 am:
I totally thought this was about a person when I read it at first. (I know I'm dumb b/c it says "peach" in the title, but I thought maybe it was a nickname. XD) Anyway, now that I know it's about fruit, it perfectly describes a peach. I love the short stanzas with insane vocab tucked into each one. That's incredible on its own. Then the way you strung them together? Very cool. The only thing I would suggest is deleting the "..." at the end. It gives off the vibe that your poem is incomplete. To ... (more »)

Z.V.OksanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 16 at 3:24 pm :
Because of this comment, I reread the poem in another viewpoint as if she were talking about a human. "I bite your flesh, how savory sweet! I lick my lips. My you are delicious." Hahahaha. It goes from cute to creepy really fast if she was talking about a person.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 17 at 11:14 pm :
Hahaha yes! You finally understand what I was thinking at that precise moment when I first read it. Nonetheless, I think it's a charming poem.

Love2Read72This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 10:22 am:
I like how this isn't generic poem written for a loved one, but for an actual peach. It makes me think that a lot of poets are kind of overthinking all of their poems.

HellishRequiemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 10:04 am:
wow! not many people write about things as simple as peaches, for they can be hard to express, but I think you described the peach perfectly. I love peaches. 

dinksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24 at 4:32 pm:
the subject itself, the peach, is very unique! not many people choose to write about it for  fruit can be a harder topic to write about, but you nailed it! Short, and sweet just like the peach!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 6:27 pm:
Wow! unique and catchy rhymes. great job!

j.g.poemsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 1:47 pm:
this is so freaking awesome, cute, and unique! one of the coolest poems i have ever read

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 12:47 pm:
This was kinda funny.  I loved it.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13 at 6:19 pm:
A really unique poem-- Not a lot of people write about peaches or fruit. But you do so in such a way where it can mean more than one thing to the reader. Brilliant :)

JacobTheOrdinaryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3 at 11:18 am:
That's crazy good and i don't think you're just talking about a peach here. The way you make that metaphor though is great because it is exactly how a metaphor is suppose to be. That is one wonderful poem and I'll be sure to look out for more. (This is the part where i do self advertisement. Sorry. I just need to get out there.) As long as you keep on commenting on my poetry, I'll be sure to check out some of your new stuff. May your future endeavors be joyful. -JacobTheOrdinary