Difference | Teen Ink

Difference

By Speakout2you SILVER, San Marcos, California
Speakout2you SILVER, San Marcos, California

Fear is not from appearance. It is from character, whether your poor and weak, or strong and rich. It does not matter. Do not judge a book by its cover...or the cover will become you -Mine
-We have nothing to fear but fear itself-Franklin D. Roosevelt

A lot of people look at me...
Saying: Who's she? What is she wearing?

They look at me with disgust...
They see my black sweater... and my black and gold PE shorts.

They look at me with my messy hair and my nerdish glasses.

A boy bumps into me...
"Watch where you're going four-eyes!"

A girl comes to me with her... "Friends"
Girl: What's your name?
Me:....
Girl: Hmph no one dressed like YOU should have a name...

Of course she never said those exact words... but it felt like she did...

I walk through my garage door, not saying a word to my car ride. Bury myself into the pillow and scream.

"She's all right! She's not mean!" They say... they all say that... I wonder what they're really thinking..

*** Next day
I sit alone at the tables. I write carnations to the one person I messed up with. The one person I said I liked... and he didn't like me back.

I hear all these conflicts...insults to my name!

"SHE'S ASIAN!"
"SHE'S SMALL"
"SHE'S A NERD!"
"SHE'S NOT ONE OF US!"
"SHE DOESN"T BELONG!"

I block my ears hiding from my demons! But it doesn't work! No one talks to me, no one ever will, don't think you know me, don't think you might.

Don't lie to me, I know you hate me. Everyone does! Kill me for saying these words. But I stick to them! I STICK TO MY WORDS! MY VOICE!

No matter your race, your intelligence, your thoughts, your VOICE!
YOU ARE YOU!

DON"T LEAVE ME FOR DEAD! DON"T LET ME FALL TO ME KNEES!

Oh... wait... you already did...

You let me fall to my grave let me lose my breath let me lie, till I fly till the sun SETS!

I know you will try and hide that smirk on your face. Don't deny that envy in your mind.

That boy I liked... That one guy I liked! He's with the "popular kids" The one who always have one class period relation ships, with skinny jeans, nikes, baggy jeans, backward hats, and the talk: "Like duh!"

Don't kill my soul, don't fight me, it's useless.... unless you fight my demon inside of me...

“This is my voice, There are many like it, but this one is mine”-Shane Koyczan.

Ik Thanks, I tried to put it in bullying but my screen was so dirty and greasy it clicked poetry

.king. SILVER said...
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

'Tis very deep and sad, I like the massage. But I wouldn't say this is a poem :/  'Tis more like a bullying article; anyway, keep up the good work! :D