You Will Realize

Who knew that friendship could be transient?
And your words would be so trivial
But, there was nothing I could do
to make you comprehend

All the sincere help I've provided
and advice given to you
was effortless and futile
You were simply misguided

I tried and tried.
You, walking away from me
Ignoring me at all costs
I knew that the mature side of you had slowly
died.
And our friendship died within your callous soul

You told me we were like stars
that our friendship makes the sky radiate
but in reality, you were dragging me down
like smoky burnt ashes from cigars

Maybe it is best for me to stay away
You only disrupt my equilibrium
Easily lost in my thoughts and not
awakened to reality

The friend I once knew does not exist
The demon has entered inside you
Influencing the minds of the innocent
Fulfilling your own desires

I try to be a good friend but you reject
You think you’re like Einstein
Who can find the answer to all our problems
But your solution is an empty set

When I’m gone you will come to a recognition
that your world is filled with dismay.
And the only friends you have,
are yourself and your addiction

So farewell
when I leave
a part of you will be leaving too
and that part shall
never
come
back.

Shadow_WolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3 at 8:13 pm:
Wow.... VERY IMPRESSIVE.... I love how you split up never come back.... it packs a powerful punch and the story within is worth 1000 pictures.... GREAT JOB...

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 3 at 8:13 pm:
With fantastic phrasing and exposed emotions, this poem is beautifully crafted xoxo

HarriThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 9:23 pm:
Nice job, mate! Love the description ans effort put into this!

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 9:18 pm:
Beautiful.

mai_khanxoxoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 8:49 pm:
GO PEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeviantChildThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12 at 6:09 pm:
I can relate to everything you have said... Every little word, for I have a friend just like this... tho it has been so long since we talked i never gave up on her.. She is comeing around... Never give up on someone you care about.. just give it time, and it may take awhile, but sooner or later your friend will realize that they did you wrong, they will try to be friends again, but if they don't i am sorry... i am always on chat so if you ever wanna talk i will be here to listen..

justmesimplyuniqueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12 at 7:37 am:
this is very good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmsath1214This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11 at 10:23 am:
love this!! it has wonderful meaning. amazing peotry. 

angel.smile said...
Feb. 11 at 3:06 am:
The ending is very nice. The theme is good too. Just work on your display a lil bit. Try to make it sound more emotional and expressive.
And read my work too. Rate and comment!
thanks :) 

Authorintraining88This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 4:56 pm:
Ahh I love this! So well written!  

francheskasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 9 at 7:04 pm:
marvelous meaning 

fallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 9 at 7:01 pm:
Wonderful diction 

SabrinaMKoss said...
Feb. 7 at 10:01 pm:
so wonderful!