2am Phone Conversation. | Teen Ink

2am Phone Conversation.

February 1, 2014
By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
58 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.


I want you to come to my house unexpected with a copy of "Shrek". I wanna watch you as you sing all the lyrics to I'm a Believer, and kiss you as the song begins to die out. I wanna lay in your bed looking up at the ceiling like I was staring into the sky, counting all the cracks pretending they're stars. I wanna call you at two in the morning when I can't sleep, and hear your stories and all the lyrics you have written until i fall asleep. I want to go on a romantic dinner date at McDonalds, and laugh as you serve me a BigMac. I want to watch your favorite movies and listen to your favorite song and understand the lines that make chills run down your back. I wanna go to the movies with you and fish around for popcorn as kernels prick my skin, and wishing they were your fingertips instead. I want feel your back with the palms of my hands, and trace every scar with my fingers like they were routes on a map directing me to my destination. I want to sleep with you; sleep as in have you in my bed until morning as we simply just sleep. And as my eyes begin to shut, think about how vulnerable I feel in your arms, and for the first time in my life, it won't bother me. It doesn't bother me.


The author's comments:
I was lying in my bed at 2am and I couldn't sleep. I was trying to convince myself to stop thinking about you. I started talking to myself and just kind of started reciting this poem and wishing I could call you to just tell you everything I was telling myself, but I couldn't build up the courage. So here is my 2am phone conversation to you.