Charcoal Boat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

when I was seven
I drew a boat in charcoal that I could so
nearly touch

and hear the waves that rocked under-
neath
that sang promises of the places it'd
take me

but when my fingertips touched
the paper
it smeared, and I realized that art
isn't magic

and ten years later I keep making the
same mistake
with people,

in thinking they are more than
they are

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 3:05 pm
Deep and meaningful. I don't like poems too much at the moment so idk if this is great or not... It's still really well-written and sort of captivated me? :)

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 10:33 pm
Good God, where do I begin? This is perfect, raw and honest and beautiful and astonishing!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 21 at 10:06 pm
Thanks! Means a lot :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 1:34 pm
This is absolutely poetry in its finest form. 5/5 I can't even begin to say or describe how marvelous this is. And I'n not being a hypocrite either. It's 100% awesome-sauce. Congratulations on the publication! Truly deserves to grace the pages of the print magazine. 

Apr. 21 at 10:07 pm
Thanks moe! Luv you XD