All the World's a Labyrinth

All the world’s a labyrinth –
The universe and all.
It may take some time to realize,
But you’ll never know it all.
You can map out a passage
You’ve come to know well,
Perhaps you’ve studied its corners and hedges,
But only time will tell.
Soon you will have passed on,
To leave it in another’s hands.
He’ll draw it on,
Long after you’re gone,
And its borders will expand.
Branches and leaves,
Twigs and debris,
Decay as you explore –
All that you’ve come to know,
All that you love and adore,
Falls and ferments,
With all those things you never explored.
See it fall and witness the trick,
A puzzle you’ll never piece,
And a problem you’ll never fix.
The world is all a labyrinth,
And his master is sly –
Never will you see what He saw with His own eye.
Spend your years sickened,
To seek the unreachable fate,
Enter in the labyrinth, take the sinful bait.
For you have no choice, my friend –
The world is all a labyrinth,
And you have entered in.

WinterRose1976 said...
yesterday at 2:56 pm:
This is incredible, please write more! :)

cecchmateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 2:21 am :
Aww, thank you so much!! Will do ;)

loveisntrealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 12:57 pm:
i love it:) you did a really good job. i love everything about it. 

cecchmate replied...
Jan. 30 at 7:05 pm :
Thank you so much!! :)

ShahrierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 5:00 pm:
love the rhymes, and the concept of things. in this world we think we live a free life, able to do anything, but everything is limited. but we map things out, generation after generation, building upon each other. ans how seeking knowledge is like a poison. i absolutely loved this. the imagery, the rhyming were all really good. the setting, at first i thought it would just be sad a gloomy, but it was full of adventure for me and curiosity. very nice. 

Jan. 29 at 9:56 pm :
That's exactly the idea I was aiming for when I wrote it! Wow, thank you so much for commenting! :) I love the whole idea, especially with science and technology - it seems like our world just keeps getting more and more technologically advanced, and we think we've made it so far and the end is in sight, but really, we'll never know or comprehend everything. In one way, it's frightening - but in another, I feel like it's really soothing; like that's exactly the way i... (more »)

ansem_unlimited replied...
Jan. 30 at 4:32 pm :
2 things that I liked in this article that stood out to me would have to be the poem's level of subtlety, I love how the reader has to kind of disect the poem to figure out the message, but they don't have to work too hard to absorb its meaning! this is a really cool quallity that adds a whole other layer of depth to a poem when used correctly, something I have yet to master but you seem to have it down to a science, you should be really proud of that. my second detail I liked, is that t... (more »)

cecchmate replied...
Jan. 30 at 7:05 pm :
Wow! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :D