I Will Promise You This

Your grievances were not for naught, my friend
I will promise you this.
When your words became whispers,
Silenced while their brandings blistered,
And the truth, it festered
Under the lies and sickness of a bastard,
And this bastard, he stole,
Your country,
Your home,
Your heart,
But not your soul,
Only every stone you ever owned,
Please show me,
In your beautiful writings,
All that he left you:
Your soul and its sufferings.

Write, of your pain
Please, write it for me
I want to hear, not to sneer
But to feel what you feared.

JoyMasonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:52 pm:
i like this one, it has excellent rhythm and tempo ^w^

DragonTongueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1 at 9:03 am:
Wow, super good! Really modivates me when I have writers block, haha. Thanks for sharing!

cecchmateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 1 at 5:46 pm :
Thank you so much for checking it out!! :D

amk7997 said...
Jan. 31 at 4:28 pm:
I love how this poem just flows from one idea to another and it's so inspiring

Jan. 31 at 8:05 pm :
Thank you!! :)

loveisntrealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 12:55 pm:
oh my god...you are soo good! :)) i love it so much. i am really inspired by you. have a great day and keep writing forever!

Jan. 30 at 4:09 pm :
Thank you so much, that's so nice of you to say! You too; I've been looking at a lot of your work, and it's so emotionally charged and powerful - I love it. Thanks again :)

bluewallflower said...
Jan. 28 at 6:59 pm:
This has literally become one of I'm favorite poems. I'm not just saying that. This is really good. My great grandfather and his family were Russina Jews living in Poland during WW 2 and nearly his entire family died at the Dachau concentration camp. He and his older sister were the only survivors. He's like 95 now. So I can, in a way, relate to this poem.  My great grandfather's father was a writer and professor at a university in Warsaw but he was eventually fired because ... (more »)

Jan. 29 at 9:41 pm :
Wow, thank you so much for sharing your story with me, and for all your nice words. It must be really amazing being able to talk to someone close to you who witnessed all of the events of that era firsthand. It is incredible to me the magnitude of suffering that had to happen because of pure prejudice and evil during that time, and how the suffering still happens today, in different forms and through different means, even for the long-after generations of those ... (more »)

Jan. 29 at 9:47 pm :
Oh, and I forgot to add one more thing... "And Yet The Books" by Czeslaw Milosz is a beautiful poem that runs on the same thread as this. If you search it on Google you can find it. I think you might like it. :)  

ShahrierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 4:56 pm:
that was beautiful and i also like how well that flows. also, i think its really nice how you "tell" the people who suffered that it was not nothing. it was very well written, and i dont have anything negative to say. also, kinda off topic, i notice you live in menlo park. i live near Daly City ^_^ (probably will never befriend you nor we will ever meet face to face, but i thought that its kinda cool

Jan. 29 at 9:52 pm :
Thank you so much!! :) Haha, that's funny you decided to look at my poem and find out we live so close to eachother! SpOoky 0_o lol