Why Me? | Teen Ink

Why Me?

January 23, 2014
By NotForMe BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
NotForMe BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
3 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Why do you love me like you do?
Why did you have to make all my pain easier and be so wonderful to me?
Why do you enjoy my company so much?
Why does everything you do make me smile, actually smile, not just fake it?
Why does our time together feel so perfect, and fly by so fast?
Why can’t I get your cute face out of my head?
Why do I feel like our lives are connected, one day to be unified?

Why did I fall in love with someone who was so different than I, yet someone so perfect for me I can never even hope to forget her?

I don’t know the answers to any of these questions inspired by my love.
She is silly, but in an adorable and cute kind of way. Maybe that’s why?
She reminds me of the guy I know I want to be. Maybe that’s why?
She shows me her beauty every day in her smile and her eyes. Maybe that’s why?
She makes me feel happy and loved and special each day. Probably that’s why.


The author's comments:
I often wonder what would have happened if my aunt hadn't gotten me that job, if I had never met this girl?
How much different, and how much worse, would my life have been?
I dont know why we work so well, or why she loves me like she does. All I know is that my life would be very different without her.
Some people say we're wrong for each other, some say it will never last. I just shrug my shoulders at this. Maybe they're right?
No, Maybe they're wrong.