Madness

Murky black tentacles wrap around my throat,
pulling me under and into it's cool embrace,
their gleaming smiles pull me in,
their laughter ripples through my skin,
their lulling voices aid my heart,
But i know this is another part,
Of descending,

descending,

descending,
deeper and deeper into the realm of the lost,
Thier voices trickle through my mind taking up most of my time
Thier crazy theriories and stories they tell,
Would surly make a grown man yell,
But what do i care for these voices are my friends,
They keep me safe until the time ends,
For little ones as you close your eyes to slumber,
Insanity comes and waits for you to be under,
It patiencily waits until the time is right,
Then it whispers softly goodnight,
Then there's no reason to fight for insanity has claimed you,
As it's sons and daughters of madness,
Protecting you from the ugly lies society folds upon you,
For my dears insanity is the light where sanity patiently waits ready to rip you apart,
rip you into it's decided form,
The voices whisper the freedom you breath for,
insanity is like a rush water rushing over you.
Forever apart.

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:58 pm:
I know that you did not take or create the photo, but finding the right picture to associate your poem is a great thing. When I read the title, madness, I though of caos, but you suprised the readers with much more. Great job and perfect ending, "Forever apart".

HellishRequiemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29 at 8:27 pm:
great poem idea. love how you carried it out and where you went with it

meowkitty69 said...
Feb. 12 at 10:03 am:
emo

Giggles15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 20 at 8:23 pm :
If you are describing it as emo as in the judgemental title one gives to a human being. Then i must disagree. There is a difference in Insanity and Emotional (the long word for "Emo") I admire this amazing sense when reading this. I feel as though i can put myself into this person's thoughts with the perfect detailing. VERY GOOD!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 4:33 pm:
I love this poem! And I think my favorite part was "Descending, descending, descending..." Just because I looove repetition and it's an overall feeling I can definitely realate to :) Wonderful metaphors, as always! The organization certainly shows "Madness.." A great title, by the way :) Omazing!! I love prose-esque poems! :)  

compassionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 7:20 am:
What once caght my attention is the rhyming. It is very nice.  The description is intriguing. The suspence with the repetition of 'Descend' Did the job perfect. I though i saw a few venial mistakes. Lovely, it is. 

compassionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 23 at 7:21 am :
**What first caught my attention  is the Rhyming**