Finding A Way Out | Teen Ink

Finding A Way Out

January 12, 2014
By AwkwardTurtle74 SILVER, Amissville, Virginia
AwkwardTurtle74 SILVER, Amissville, Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dying, looking for a way out.
Trying to find out where you're going but you're not sure where you are.
You could die of suffocation any minute but you'll never know when death will strike you.
You know you can't get out but you still try to see if you can.
You hide because you feel that you'll get killed when you step out into the bright light where everyone can see you.
But what you don't know is that either way you're going to die.
You're going to die no matter where you are or what you do. I know it's pointless being born just so you can die, but that's just how life works.
I wonder if you know that you could die any second.
I look for you again but you are nowhere to be found.
Are you living and just hiding for the sake of the life that you could lose any minute or did death hit you in the shadows you once secluded yourself from the world in?
I guess I won't know until you decide to step out into the light and show yourself, if you're still alive that is.
I hope the ash-bleeding soul-sucker we call death didn't take you, I actually consider you as a friend.
We share the same feelings: seclusion, suffocation, and fear along with many more things.
I wonder if you question life and death as much as I do considering y]that you are possibly at the brink of death.
I know you probably wish to be left alone and do not to be bothered with.
So I will leave you be, I will not disturb you.
I will leave you at peace until death takes your soul, if it hasn't already.
Goodbye my friend, hang in there as long as you can.
I know I will...