Nothing Like This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Nothing takes the blue out of the sky
or the shine out of the sun
or the caress out of the breeze
like good old-fashioned

unrequited love.

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Cute!!! Well phrased, really! It's simple, but very powerful! It sounds almost like a quote that belongs on some kind of poster to be hung in peoples' rooms! I'd like to see anyone who has negative feedback for this try to write a poem on the subject. It certainly isn't easy!

LestyP said...
Love this. It's so true. Here is one of my teen love pangs in short XD TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/498728/Even-Now/ would love feedback other stuff as well!

Niti-M said...
Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:20 am

Don't I just love it? Its beautiful. I love the way you think, yes, nothing can really take the blue out of the sky forever!

Keep writing :) And check out my work please, your feedback will be much appreciated.

TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/478991/Tryst-with-Destiny/ Its about how God's design of our life is in circles. Pretty intriguing. Please :) Thank you!

DaleTheWhale said...
Short and to the point. Original. Well done.

lizzyw77 replied...
I agree. Got right to te point.. I love the phrase "old-fashioned." It made me smile

IAmWhoIWantToBe said...
Yeah, it hurts...

niner said...

this was very good! right to the point, but not. hard to explain, but good!

Grace S. said...
I really enjoyed reading this, it describes the emotions of unrequited love perfectly. Reading this poem takes me back to memories of the same feeling. I loved it!

writer3499 said...
This is simple but is deep!! Love it

rescuetruck607 said...
i really liked it

mizz_arredondo said...
this reminds me of my crush!!!

Seelix said...
Alright, so in your opinion what makes this a bad poem? Using circular reasoning (aka- it is bad, because it is bad) is very remedial. If you don't like it then have reasons to back it up. Sure it was a bit cliche, but it was fun to read and fairly well written.

Seelix replied...
Sorry this was supposed to be a comment directed at Poopstain23.

*beautiful*spirit*This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wonderful imagery~ and yes, young love does hurt the most.

FrAme said...
This is really great, but I was NOT expecting that last line. wow. haha

Countrylife4 said...
This was wonderful!

Poopstain23 said...
This was absolutley horrendus. I could poop better poems then this. Whoever said this was good needs to go back to 1st grade and learn what good poetry is. Dispciable!!!!!!!

FrAme replied...
Your comments a little over dramatic.

I_aint_Juliet replied...
I love the poem and I think anyone who can't see the pure beauty of this poem, should not be on this website. It's simply wonderful and deep. Very deep, and reminds me of only three months ago. Please keep writing. 

@m@nd@ said...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 9:03 am
beautiful!!!! i lovee it so simple but so true and unique!