Once a Year

Once a year the people sing aloud in one great voice They throw aside their differences together and rejoice For Christmas Day is one, for them, to make the better choice Once a year, they are happy Once a year, they are happy They get their Christmas lists crossed off,they look for the best price They try to find a gift that, for their loved ones, will suffice The little children wonder "Who's been naughty?" "Who's been nice?" Once a year, they start giving Once a year, they start giving Christmas morn, oh the glory! Oh the smiles that they see Oh the presents and the joy that fill the households with such glee As the familys gather round about the lighted Christmas Tree Once a year, they find peace Once a year, they find peace Parents go back to their day jobs, children go back to their schools Worldly things that were forgotten come to light with the old rules People simply live their lives then, sometimes they can seem quite cruel Once a year isn't enough Once a year isn't enough But there are few who live their lives in Christmas morn each day They're the ones who keep on singing "Need some help?" "I'm on my way!" For their friends and for their enemies they never cease to pray Every second they are happy Every second they are giving Every second they find peace They're the ones who's Christmas spirit is forever there to stay