A Bleeding Heart | Teen Ink

A Bleeding Heart

By RebekahWynn BRONZE, Belfast, Other
RebekahWynn BRONZE, Belfast, Other

A glossy velvet night stretched as a purple haze glazed, attracting souls that were soon stripped from each other.

One sweaty palm reached out in desperation to be held, caressed. The teasing breeze pricked her porcelain cheekbones gently as another palm slammed hers away to exit from the intimacy it was not willing enough to neither cradle nor accept. Froze and uncomfortably numb, she was she who was denied affection.

The fraction of a scalding light burnt its way through her heart, leaving her pulse weeping as he who drank from another ran, disappearing completely. His shadow faded. He didn't look back. He claimed he had loved another.

A daunting night crept up upon her as the cool air chipped her bones. Collapsing, dribbling to the stained pavement, she lay in her puddle of emotion gazing blankly. Pain stricken. She followed the stars that flickered in the darkness inhaling all of what was left of him.

A kaleidoscope of bittersweet memories sparked through her shattered mind, painting a picture of what could have been.

Yet how could someone possibly love to love? Truly none understand the word love. If we did it would not be used so often and out of context. The four letters symbolize disappointment, not satisfaction.

L is for losing everything. O is for obsession, smothering the one you adore. V is for verses, the verses that you listen to in a song that encourages you to break down and cry about that “someone”. E is for eagerness, eager to belong to someone but to only like the idea of them, yet not enjoying them completely.

I guess she drank his love up too quickly.

A first love heartache was just another chapter of her life, but as soon as she realised, how could she forget?

After my breakup I guess I've been holding onto what was once there. I was inspired to write this piece by how I felt in the moment when he left me for someone new.