They never notice | Teen Ink

They never notice

November 27, 2013
By ShaniaJ. BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
ShaniaJ. BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“You’re not even old enough to know how bad life gets.” “Obviously, Doctor, you’ve never been a 13-year-old girl.”


Long sleeves conceal your scars
when the weather's too hot by far
and you think someone will notice or maybe even ask ; but they don't, they just continue to walk past.

Baggy sweatshirts become your wardrobe accompanied by pale skin and dreary eyes. They don't notice that you never eat ,and they're oblivious to your silent cries.

Your frequent trips to the bathroom
are extremely important to you. Purging has become a daily thing and you feel better after the spew.
Nonetheless they fail to notice the putridity of your breath , they think you love your life and your body , and they're not even aware you think of death.

They never notice how fast you pull up your sleeves when it slips down.
They never notice how you're so sad and they're unaware that you constantly want to drown.
They never notice how you never talk. How not a single word comes out of your mouth for days.
They never notice how you look lost and distressed , and they never question the fact that you tend to stay away.
They never notice unless you're
pretty.. or smart..
or popular.. or rich.

They never notice , because they don't care.